Hai Sanju...



You were that silent Sanjay,

at the first bench of 9th class;

Here I am with no idea,

when you silently became

my Sanju;


Wished I weren't too busy,

to realise your maturity;

Wished I weren't too busy,

to realise your friendship;

Wished I weren't too busy,

to realise your Genuity;

Wished I weren't too busy,

to realise your interests;


But I see now,

that you were a great friend,

that you are a great friend,

that you can be a great friend,

that you will be a great friend;


I realise now,

you are always there with me;

whenever I sit to write my feelings,

whenever I think about friendship,

whenever I revise my memories;


I don't remember my answer,

for the question in your slam -

"what do you do with a time machine?"

Here is my answer,

I need a time machine -

not for wanting a better friend,

but to be a better friend;

not to get what I deserve,

to give what you deserve;


I dedicate my words here,

as a token of memory,

for what you have been;

as a token of reminder,

for how I have to be;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diary - Part 3/7 - The Bloggers League

The Diary - Part 1/7 - The Bloggers League 2022

The Diary - Part 2/7 - The Bloggers League