A tale of two people - Part 2


***
Want to read from the first? You can start here.
***

It was time to go to school. But he did not want to go alone. He quickly dressed up and went near Abha's house. He was in doubt whether Abha would join him.
There he saw Abha, returning from outside.

"Hai.! Going to school?"
"Yeah"
"Is it? this seems a bit early!"
He nodded, and finally dared to ask.
"Do you want to come with me as well? To see my school?"
She thought for a moment. That moment felt like ages for him.
"Okay, then. Sure!" He just wanted to scream and jump for that reply.

"So, tell me something about you, meanwhile"
He did not know what to tell. He never faced such a question till then.
"I study 6th standard, I want to become an engineer, I.."
"Okay, okay. Let me change the question." She laughed.
"What are your hobbies?"
"Watching movies on television."
"What about your favourite actor?"
"No one in specific. Just will watch if the movie seems to be good."
"Fine then. What about going outside?"
"I do not like much going outside alone.."
"Oh, me too. It is difficult, right?"
Then the conversation went on exchanging dream destinations and travels till they reached the school road.

He stopped walking.
"That is my school. Will you come with me till the gate?", he pointed to the building opposite.
"Yeah of course." She wondered why he asked that question.
They both crossed the road and reached the school.
"Seems like no one has come yet. I think you are the first one!"
"Thank you," he said.
"No problem. You are welcome!"
"Wait, forgot to say. The school gets completed at 4."
"Is it? Fine then. Will come at sharp 4."
Both smiled at each other.

***

His classmates were shocked to see him coming at the earliest. Even though he started home very early, he never was the first one to come to class.
One of his classmates poked and asked, "Hey, how did you come so early?"
He replied, with an attitude-like smile, "My sister has dropped me!"
"Oh, has your sister come?"
"Yes."
"For how many days will she come, anyway?"
That was the right point, he felt. In fact, when his parents dropped him off, he lies to his classmates that his sister has dropped.

However, this time he felt it different. 
Abha felt so close to him very immediately.
He could not explain why, but he felt he could share anything with her.

But he wanted to confirm it. He waited so badly for the school bell to ring.
While he was a bit tense while coming towards the school gate, to his surprise, Abha was there, standing and waiting for him. He felt like someone giving him a bag of thousand chocolates.

He quickly ran to her and asked her, "Do you come for me to school, like this, daily?"
"Yes, of course, as long as I am here."
He felt overjoyed by the first part of the answer and forgot about the remaining part.

He was smiling proudly while all his classmates saw him leaving the school with his sister.

***

"Why didn't you come in the evening?"
"Oh, sorry! I was just lost in a work-"
"No, don't say anything, and do not talk to me!", he screamed.
"Wait. How did you come so early?"
"What does that mean?"
"How did you, cross the road?"
"How does it matter to you? When you do not remember it?" He left.

He had the fear of crossing the road at school.
One day on the starting days of school, while crossing the road, he almost missed hitting a truck. From that day, he had fear of crossing that school road.

There were only a few people who knows about this fear, and of course, how could we think Abha did not know about that?

Unlike the previous days, he did not stay in Abha's house till night and came early to home. He went to his room and tried to control his tears. Following him, Abha had come.
"Hey, sorry, I did not see time-"
"Why you have come here?"
"How can I see my cute brother crying?"
"I don't want your pity. Go out!"
"I am sorry! listen to me, look what I have done for you" she took her tablet from behind.
It was a sketch of him, along with Abha.
"How was it? Isn't it great!!"
That sketch immediately pulled all anger out of him.
"We can get this a copy printed. Okay?" she offered him a deal. He accepted.
Then he quickly came toward Abha and hugged her tightly.

"Okay, okay. Now tell me how did you cross the road?"
"A girl helped me."
"Oh, who is she?"
"I don't know, she joined today in the school."
"Oh, that's cool. We will see her tomorrow then."


That night had ended in peace. But not all nights. 
Some nights, they slept after laughing at jokes no one would understand,
Some nights, they slept with a quarrel no one would understand.
It was only their world. The world of Abha and his brother.

***

Thanks for reading! 

If interested, you can continue the story here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diary - Part 3/7 - The Bloggers League

The Diary - Part 1/7 - The Bloggers League 2022

The Diary - Part 2/7 - The Bloggers League