A tale of two people - Part 4

***
Want to read from the first? You can start here.
***

"Bro, I want to talk to you about something."
"Yeah sis, sure."
"Look at this." She showed him the offer letter.
"Hey, that's cool. Finally, cracked this one as well. Time to celebrate sis!"
"So, what are you thinking to reply to this letter?"
He laughed. "What do you mean? Just as always-"
"You have to accept this."
"What?"
"Yes, see, the company is a great one - it is one of the best animation studios in the world!"
"So what?"
"You can learn many things there."
"Come on, what happened sis?"
"What happened to you? Just a few years right?"
"Just a few years? Just? Wait, this is not you. How did you get this letter?"
"That's not your thing?"
"Mom and Dad. They asked you to do this?"
"No."
"You can't lie to me, sis. Let me talk to them."
"STOP! Either you have to go, or I will go."
"Where?"
"I have applied to another company and got selected. I have to sign the letter."
"What are you talking sis?"
"It's okay to miss someone right? What will happen if you miss me? After you meet me, we will get further close."
"Say that to someone who got bored of their people. I have already missed you enough!!"

***
"Abha, you should have to convince him to accept this offer."
"He does not accept Uncle, and we both know."
"Yeah, but I cannot see his talent go waste here. He could match the world's top talent with this opportunity."
"He would not accept missing me, Uncle."
"Then you could have also applied right? You both could go there."
"I applied Uncle. I am not selected."
"What is wrong with missing siblings? Even I have sisters. Aren't we living far away? Aren't we minding our own works? Does that mean we don't love them?"
"He is not like the rest of us Uncle. He would say he already missed me enough."
"Really? Do you know that much of him? Whatever, at least think of his career and ask him to go for that, only for a few years right? Please.."

***
It was the worst time he ever spent in his life.
He never thought he and his sister would separate.
Why people should separate? 
Why people should withstand the distance?
We should stop praising people who went far from their close ones to achieve bigger things.
What do achievements mean when they don't have someone to cuddle and celebrate?

The past is a trap. If you ever give a glance, it grabs you and keeps you thinking of the same things again and again. 

By the time he came to his senses, he felt he lost much time distracted.
He checked the time. 

It was the same time he saw her for the past two days. He wanted to be alert as he could see her at any moment.
After a few minutes, he saw her.
He immediately rushed and stood in front of her.
"How are you, sis?"
It took very less time to recognize the voice.
She was feeling happy, sad and confused.
"Okay, let me change the question. Can we go somewhere and talk sis?"
She nodded.

***

Thanks for reading! 

If interested, you can continue the story here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diary - Part 3/7 - The Bloggers League

The Diary - Part 1/7 - The Bloggers League 2022

The Diary - Part 2/7 - The Bloggers League