The Diary - Part 7/7



*****

Missed part - 6? You can find it here.

*****

"Are you serious? Think once again before finalizing your decision", asked  Tarun's boss. 

"Yes sir. I have given it enough thought before finalizing it", said Tarun.

"I can refer you to a bigger company if you work for 6 more months. You are missing a great chance of earning millions", it was a mixture of advice and warning for Tarun.

"I had Bungalows, Cars whatnot many things available in exchange for money. Peace, on the other hand, required more than money; Me." Tarun said.

"What are you talking Tarun?" 

"Sorry sir, I think I have read it somewhere."

"What is that? Fiction book?"

"Kind of, sir."

"You guys lose yourself in something that did not exist. When will you face the reality man..?" 

It becomes very easy to cross limits when people get frustrated. The adrenaline rush feels like we are doing it right, even though our brain tells us we are making the silliest argument. Upon hearing the question from his boss, he could see the frustration clearly.

"I know you know it better than me sir, but if you are specifically waiting for my reply, here it is. Fiction books are not much different from reality. They tell us what could be real. They tell us what could be possible. They tell us what could be avoided. They try to present an alternate version of us and its consequences."

*****

    Tarun leaving the job was not such big news for Aanya. He was talking about it for many months. Even though she did not ask him for a reason, Tarun shared his thoughts with Aanya. "You know Anu, since childhood I just did things because there was a situation. They gave me study materials in school, and I read them. College gave me science, so I studied it. Now, the job gave me software so I am using it. There is not a single thing that I do because I wanted to do. Just like we brush daily because we are used to it." 

"Arey, okay yaar, stop it. Do you want me to have an existential crisis or what..?" laughed Aanya.

He wanted to take a long break. Long enough to know himself. Long enough to rebuild himself. Fortunately, his financial condition supported him because Aanya alone could take care of the whole family with her income. He left a deep sigh for people who could not do like him.

*****

    "So, today is that day," said Aanya. "Yes Anu, finally," replied Tarun. "Congrats, Taru, let's have a party tonight!" was the reply from his soulmate.

    Tarun made some special cuisines for his wife and her daughter. The mother-daughter duo loved the dinner. "You could become a great chef Taru!", Aanya said. "Yes Dad, absolutely!!" was the reply from Saanghvi. "It is my pleasure.." said Tarun. Tarun indeed had an interest in cooking. He just did not take it as a much serious matter, because he never cooked seriously. It was his flow. It was not like he had expectations on it. After the dinner, they signed off the night with a nice movie.

    Saanghvi was recovering quickly. She was having a great time at home with her father. She was producing great stories and poems, and Tarun was sure that she'd become a great author if she really wanted to become one. He neither suggested she continue writing nor explained the implications of that career. He wanted to give her the freedom to choose her path.

*****

    One morning Saanghvi asked Tarun, "So, what do you want to do Dad? Got any clarity about your life?" Tarun did not expect it to come. He replied, "No ma, could you please help me?" 

She said, "How about we travel, Dad? Just we leave this freaking big house and this community. Just for the three of us. We go and chill for a few months somewhere close to nature. What do you say?"  

"That's actually great, even I have been thinking about that. But who can convince your mom to leave the office for that many days.." sighed Tarun.

"Well, do you have the car keys? We got a work to do" replied his daughter. Tarun obviously agreed. 

    Both went to a restaurant where a person was waiting for them. Saanghvi said, "So Dad, this is Kareem. Kareem, this is my dad, Tarun." A second shock for Tarun. Kareem, the colleague of Aanya, he recollected. Kareem offered his hand. Tarun quickly came to his senses and offered his hand. They both smiled at each other. 

    "Well, sorry that I could not meet you personally. Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter when I was out of town. You had such a big heart.  I hope my daughter did not give you much trouble" said Tarun. "No, nothing like that she is a great kid. How can we escape from her once she started liking us?" said Kabeer with a laugh. Tarun also laughed back and said, "that is actually right..!"

    "Well, ok guys, stop that. Kareem, you know, my Dad cooks far better than these dishes. You should visit our home at least for good food, Kareem" said Saanghvi. "Beware, Kareem, even I don't know what I use for my dishes, these two poor beings in my home have to eat them anyway, but you have the choice", retorted Tarun.

    "So, why did you call me Saanghvi, you did not tell me about it yet.." asked Kabeer. Saanghvi said, "Well, you are not done yet. We need another favour from you.."

*****

     The doorbell was rung. Saanghvi opened the door. It was Aanya, who returned from the office. "How was your day, Ma?" asked Saanghvi. 

"Yeah, it was great, sweetheart. How about you?" asked Aanya.

"Yes Ma, we are at the end of packing the things."

"For what?"

"Tour ma, for three months, as of now."

"That sounds great! So where are you going?"

"We first go to Manali. Don't know after that. Of course, the card is yours, so we did not think much before booking the tickets."

"Yes, yes, do whatever your heart says sweetheart", said Aanya.

"Yeah right, get ready ma, we also made your luggage," said Saanghvi in her cute and innocent voice. Aanya gave a question-mark face.

"What is that look ma? You only said right, to do whatever my heart says. My heart asked me to bring you as well. So I did it. The second thing is the fact that Dad also owns a card, and we booked your ticket from his card."

Aanya said, "That's so lovely of you sweetheart, but you know it is not that easy for me to come, I have things at the office to take care of..." she got a call while she was trying to explain to her daughter why she could not come.

"That's a call for you Ma", Saanghvi said. Astonished, she took the call. It was Kareem on the other side.

"Hai Aanya, Kareem here. Nothing I just want to say that our boss has given permission for your family vacation. We are here to take care of things, and two things I want to tell you. First one, make sure you bring super cool gifts for our boss and colleagues here, and the second thing: Rock the tour! Have a nice vacation Aanya..!" 

Aanya was having the happy-tears moment. She thanked Kareem for the help. She knew just the word 'thanks' was not enough. 

"You got a great friend, Anu. So, if you get ready, we shall start!" It was Tarun. Aanya said, "Taru, you need not do all this.." Tarun cut her and said, "No no, your cute daughter made this plan. How can we escape from her once she started liking us?" Aanya laughed.

*****

    "Thank you once again, man, I just don't know how to pay you back Kareem," said Tarun. Kareem replied, " I have already told Aanya to bring the best gifts possible, so that's the way she can pay me. Ask Saanghvi to enjoy the best. Let her explore the world. Next, for you, I just want to say - don't spoil what you have in hand. Think of this as a great opportunity to be with your family. I hope you have already learnt enough from the past. Well, bye and don't call me often. I have got to do the work of your wife too.." Kareem laughed and cut the call. Tarun also laughed, but he was also surprised.

"Taru, where are you? I am ready.." it was Aanya's voice. "Ha coming Anu," said Tarun.

*****

    The family was at Manali and enjoying the climate. It was night, the dinner was completed, and after chit-chatting, Aanya said, "Ok guys, I am getting sleep. Does anyone want to join me?" 

"oh but we forgot to write today's diary ma, will just quickly write and come to you," replied Saanghvi. "Yeah it's okay sweetheart, take your time, Good night then," Aanya said. Saanghvi hugged her and Aanya kissed her daughter on the forehead. Tarun and Aanya looked at each other and smiled. 'Good night', Tarun wished her with his eyes.

    After Tarun finished the diary, Tarun came near Saanghvi and asked, "I have been pondering about a thing. How many people do you think are actually going through a second life, or going through multiple times the same life? What do you say Saanghvi?"

    Saanghvi closed her diary and took a brief pause. She said, "Well, I too really don't know how many people are going through this. We don't know either why is this happening to us. As for me, people who are going through the same life multiple times, are the people who don't want to change the things that happened. They want to accept it. Others want to avoid bad experiences in their previous life and want to do better in the next life. Of these two types, who are correct? We can not say yet.

    Like us, many do not want others to know what happened or what is different now. But one thing is clear. Often we don't need multiple lives to correct our mistakes. We do mistakes and it's how humans progressed. It all comes to a decision. A decision where we listen to our heart. A decision where we don't let ego blind us. A decision where we give importance to peace. A decision which makes us close to our people."

    "Wow, that's a deep one," said Tarun. Saanghvi said, "yes dad. so shall we join ma then?" asked Saanghvi. Tarun accepted. Both left to Aanya's room, leaving behind their diaries. The diary of the journey called life; The diary of the route called decision.

**THE END**

    Thank you so much for reaching this point..! It means a lot..!!

We'd be grateful if you can share your thoughts and suggestions regarding this series

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diary - Part 3/7 - The Bloggers League

The Diary - Part 1/7 - The Bloggers League 2022

The Diary - Part 2/7 - The Bloggers League