The Diary - Part 5/7


*****

For reading part - 4, click here.

*****

      "Everyone wished me yesterday. But why are you saying now?" Aanya asked him. Tarun replied, "It's not about being with you when you have everyone and everything. I'd be with you even when there is no one." She saw with a doubt. Tarun, trying to be spontaneous, said, "See, even I had a reminder on my mobile." This caused her to raise her eyebrows further high. "Should you have a reminder for remembering my birthday?". Tarun, realizing the flaw in his logic, said, "No no, I don't mean it. What I am saying is that..." She cut in the middle, and said, "You know what, how could I know that you're the one for me? Maybe I could get a better person as a partner. Someone who can use more percent of the brain.."  For her, it was just a funny question. But not for him. After thinking for a moment, Tarun said, "I am not sure, but what I tell you is to be with me, till you find someone better than me. I want to give you so much that a single life won't be sufficient. My world could be huge, but would be incomplete if you were not there." He was hiding a small tear line in his eye with a smile.

*****

    The relationship was developing well. It was not that he did not want anyone to enter her life. He did not want to leave her for anything. He did not want to lose any relation to that case. He rejected promotions. He stopped impressing his manager. He was just performing minimum work enough to keep his job alive. He was satisfied with what he had. It was strange. Back then, even when he had many things, he felt something was lacking. This time, he didn't have much, but he was smiling always. There was no difference when he was sitting inside the AC room and when he was standing under the summer sun.

    The soon-to-be couple arranged everything for the marriage. They convinced the parents of each side. Decided not to waste money in the name of marriage. Everything went simple and cute, just like the couple. She was busy achieving more things in her profession. He pledged to be with her and support whatever was necessary. After a few years, they settled. They finally want to have kids. She asked, "What's your wish? you want a boy or girl?", and replied, "For sure, and at any cost, a cute baby Girl!!." She was astonished to see the sudden high reply from her husband and said, "Seems like you already had some name in your head. Why late? Tell me that one too." He smiled.

*****

    His life was not smooth though. No one's life would be. But this time, the victims were not others and the reason was not him. He was okay with that. He would try to solve it to his extent. Otherwise, he would ask his wife or his friends for help. Asking for help was a way to get in touch and be close to his contacts. He did not feel bad for it. The couple was now funding a small NGO in his city. He was trying to help the people surrounding him. Just surrounding him. He hoped everyone would do the same. Saanghvi got more marks in giving than the couple. 'These generation kids are trying to top the parents everywhere' he thought himself.

    The dinner was completed. He adjusted his spectacles and turned to the diary. "Saanghvi is recovering now. I did not have a single idea yet, why her health suddenly deteriorated. Doctors said she was in a deep mental shock. What was the reason for that? No idea yet. Slowly we will try to learn the cause. She was just a kid, who has to see a lot in this world.." His blurry eyes are preventing him from writing. He continued, however. "She is a great child and will be. She has her own goal-to not to have any. She wants to enjoy every moment without the burden of expectations. I will make sure that she achieves it. Well, after many days, she asked me and Aanya to tell her bedtime stories. It's been a long time since she asked for them. She reached the stage of writing her own stories. I told her she'd be a great writer. She didn't buy it though." He wrote some things about his office routine and closed the diary.

    "Now, Mama and Papa, yeah, start it quick..!" Saanghvi demanded. Her voice was weak, but they could anticipate an excitement. She said, "No, don't tell some boring stories of kings and their sons. I heard enough of them. Do one thing, Papa, tell about you - how you met mom, and how you used to take care of her. I mean, was there any change in how you see her, now and in the paast..?" He did not know about Aanya, but he felt something strange. Past - Did she say it casually or did she willingly stress that word? He thought he was thinking negatively. He adjusted himself to start the story-Saanghvi interrupted and said, "Papa, tell me everything precisely, I am not a kid anymore.. even I also crossed my 12th year..!"

    He understood then why she had that shock after her 12th birthday.

**END OF PART-05**

Thank you for reading..! Feel free to share your feedback and review.

Interested to read the next part? You can click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diary - Part 3/7 - The Bloggers League

The Diary - Part 1/7 - The Bloggers League 2022

The Diary - Part 2/7 - The Bloggers League